How did you wake up this morning? Tired, hung over, refreshed, excited? Setting the tone for your day begins when you open your eyes. Which means, the way you close them the night before makes a difference.
This is more than a post about setting up your morning for success. It’s about setting up your night!
These are my five top tips.
- Register for your fitness or yoga class the night before. Setting the expectation that you will attend class helps you to stay in the appropriate mindset for actually making that class and not getting side-tracked. With many gyms and studios charging for no shows due to limited capacity, the ante has been upped even more to stay focused on your commitment to show up.
- Make a list. What’s on your priority list for the next day? Minimize the opportunity to become overwhelmed by listing what you want to accomplish. I like using the Calendar App on my smart phone to easily organize to-do’s for work and home.
- Clean Up. Don’t feel like doing the dishes or straightening the living room? Do it anyway. Waking up to a tidy house helps ensure you won’t be distracted by a full sink or a huge pile of laundry.
- Prep your meals & clothes. As a busy working mom, I hate to meal plan at the last minute because it often means less than healthy options. If you have a busy day, set up a crock pot meal or utilize grocery pick up so you’re not scrambling to feed yourself and your family. Pick your clothing the night before. Nothing is worse than wasting your precious morning time on indecision over your outfit!
- Listen to a guided meditation. Trouble falling asleep? Turn off the TV and harmful blue light in favor of a guided meditation. I use Insight Timer, a free smartphone app. There are meditations for almost every mood. I like to choose the Sleep Category and listen soothing meditations and bed time tales. If I happen to wake in the middle of the night, I’ll turn it on and be back asleep in no time.
Stay tuned for more blog posts that expand on this post, plus much more on mindful living. Good night friends. I hope this helps you feel more productive and clear in 2021. Peace- Jill Romano
Keep scrolling to see other posts…